Media management – or media relations – is an essential part of every medium-to-large organisation’s communication effort. So too is dealing with the media when the time comes to front the camera.
When done well, media management can help amplify your message and reach a wider audience. If done poorly, it can damage your reputation and hamper your ability to achieve your goals.
When a crisis strikes, what does your business have prepared? Learn what to have in the background so you’re ready to share the messages you want heard, within minutes. See why media relations is important to navigate the now 24/7 public policy and traditional/social media cycles.
We can customise the Mastering Media workshop to suit your needs and will work to ensure it helps deliver on your goals and objectives. Our facilitator will conduct pre-training consultation to better understand your requirements and deliver a workshop tailored to your needs.
- Narrative and messaging – how to effectively tell your story and amplify your key messages through the media.
- Positive relationships – how to build great relationships with journalists and be their first point of contact.
- Proactive pitching – how to effectively package and land your announcements
- Issues and crisis management – how to prevent and issue from becoming a crisis and what to do when crises strike
What to expect
Our Mastering Media course will teach you core principles of effective media management. Our expert team has decades of experience in media strategy and reactive and proactive media relations.
We know media and strategic communication and can’t wait to share tips and tricks with you. By the end of the course, you’ll be able to better hone your narrative, align media management with your broader strategic communication activities, effectively engage with journalists and effectively and professionally achieve approvals.
Who should attend?
- Media officers and managers.
- Executive with oversight of media functions.
- CEOs and business owners who are involved in media liaison.
- Journalism or media teams looking for a wider scope of how talent prepares.
Duration: Can be tailored to a full-day or half-day sessions.
Location: The RD Training Hub in Dickson, Canberra, OR we come to you (Australia wide).
Attendees: Our training can cater for groups from 4 – 30 people and can be negotiated based on requirements, duration and location.
Inclusions: Training materials, Catering, Free Parking (RD Training Hub) in Dickson, Canberra.
Upon completion you will:
- develop a narrative that drives your organisation’s objectives
- build better relationships with the right journalists
- more effectively pitch and land announcements
- perfect media responses
- get on top of issues before they turn into crises.