Persuasive Writing is an increasingly vital skill in government and corporate communication. A strong writer can captivate readers and stakeholders and influences outcomes. It’s a critical skill in any organisational setting that will help you provide clarity and precision, build credibility and professionalism, and persuade your audiences.
In government and corporate communication, effective writing is used to convey complex information, policies and procedures; is fundamental to telling a good story; and is critical in creating a strong presence in digital spaces. If not done well, communication can become ineffective and lead to misunderstandings, confusion, and a lack of trust with your audience.
This is the ideal training if you’re trying to upskill your writing ability to be more powerful and increase your ability to persuade your audiences and stakeholders.
Our training packages can be customised to suit your needs and reflect your organisation/team goals and objectives. A pre-training consultation will be arranged to better understand your requirements and deliver a training package to suit your needs.
- Sentence structure – the optimal ways of structuring a sentence.
- Punctuation – helping the reader understand the meaning of your message.
- Parts of speech – when should your sentences be active or passive.
- Editing – how to modify and improve another person’s important work.
What to expect
Our Persuasive Writing training will teach you the core principles of effective written communication. Our expert team has decades of experience in consultancy, marketing, newsrooms, government, and business. We know how to write well and can’t wait to share tips and tricks with you. In a world where communication occurs every day, it needs to be done correctly. Learn to make the most of every word, comma, and exclamation mark!
Who should attend?
- Corporate leaders and Managers who wish to sharpen their writing and communication skills.
- Marketing and communication teams.
- Groups who are new to communications and/or media roles.
- Any team that needs strong communication to influence outcomes.
Duration: Can be tailored to a full-day or half-day sessions.
Location: The RD Training Hub in Dickson, Canberra, OR we come to you (Australia wide).
Attendees: Our training can cater for groups from 4 – 30 people and can be negotiated based on requirements, duration and location.
Inclusions: Training materials, Catering, Free Parking (RD Training Hub) in Dickson, Canberra.
Upon completion you will:
- write clear and concise content and communication
- know when to use certain punctuation
- techniques to captivate your readers and stakeholders
- be able to proofread and edit written content
- find writing with impact second nature.